HeartCode® BLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program.
HeartCode® BLS uses the latest eSimulation technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Utilizing a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities, this course teaches BLS knowledge and skills. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace applying their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Blended training also supports the need for hands-on learning of psychomotor skills. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation.
Once the cognitive portion of the course has been completed, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor.
After successfully completing both the eLearning and hands-on session of the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Audience: The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. This course consists of three parts:
- Part 1, Heartsaver CPR AED online course
- Part 2, a hands-on skills practice session with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor
- Part 3, a hands-on skills test with an authorized AHA Heartsaver Instructor
Participants who wish to purchase and complete PARTS 1, 2 and 3 of the AHA-BLS online e-learning program coupled with the in person skills check, should choose this course. Participants must provide a print out of the Part 1 course completion certificate at the skills evaluation. An AHA eCard will be issued upon completion.
Online Training expires 30 days after first login. Please allow enough time to complete online curriculum BEFORE coming for your in-person skills evaluation.
Appx. 30 minutes or less. The skills portion must be completed at our office.
NO REFUND is allowed once KeyCode is purchased.
Please call our office at 215-762-1801 with any questions or to talk to someone regarding your Skills Test Date.
Technical Requirements for this course:
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Chrome (recommended)
- Mobile Safari
- Mobile Chrome
- Windows XP+
- Mac OSX 10.10+
- iOS 8+
- Android 4.4+
*Mobile devices with screens smaller than 7 inches are not supported