OUR MAIN ENTRANCE:
We are located in the Drexel University, New College Building. The New College Building is located at 245 North 15th Street in Philadelphia, PA 19102 (Building 5 in the image below). Please be aware that we are on the same city block as Hahnemann University Hospital, but we are on the Northwest corner of the block, at 15th and Vine Streets.
Please come inside and speak to a security guard (let them know you are coming to the second floor - Room 2105). After being cleared to enter the building, please proceed to the second floor, Room 2105 (Training Center) or Rm 2108 (EMS Division Administrative offices).
We are a division of the Drexel University College of Medicine Department of Emergency Medicine.
TRANSPORTATION and PARKING:
- We are accessible by Septa Bus routes 2, 4, 16, and 27. We are also accessible by the Broad Street Subway line, just north and west of the Race-Vine Station.
- If you drive, there is minimal parking available but you may be able to find parking at:
Gateway Parking Garage managed by the PPA
1540 Vine Street (Entrances on Spring and 16th Streets - Vehicle Clearance: 6’10”)
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Please visit the site below to search for local hotels that offer discounts to Drexel affiliates. Please select the appropriate discounted rate associated with Drexel University.
Four hotels are very close to our training center at Drexel and offer discounts to our learners:
- Philadelphia 201 Hotel - 201 North 17th Street Phila PA 19103
- Le Meridien Philadelphia - 1421 Arch Street Phila PA 19102
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Center City - 1776 Ben Franklin Pkwy Phila PA 19103
- Aloft Philadelphia Downtown - 101 N Broad Street Philadelphia PA 19107
Due to the Covid pandemic there are certain guidelines that must be followed while attending any in-person class at our Training Center.
- FACE MASK: Please wear a face mask to the New College Building for any Department of EMS or AHA Training Center course. You should wear your mask at all times while in the building.
- FACE SHIELD or EYE PROTECTION: Please wear a face shield or eye protection while completing any in-person skills portion of any EMS or AHA course at Drexel.
- EXAM GLOVES: Exam gloves will need to be worn at all times when interacting with other students, class instructors or faculty and shared mannequins or task trainers. Mannequins and task trainers will be cleaned between student use or contact.
- DREXEL HEALTH TRACKER APP and WEBSITE
- DREXEL UNIVERSITY AFFILIATES (students, staff and faculty): All Drexel affiliates entering a Drexel facility will need to download the Drexel Health Tracker application onto your personal device. You will need to create an account using your Drexel University email address and enter in any symptoms that you are experiencing two hours before visiting the campus. While staff will not be allowed to view your personal data, we may ask to see the screen announcement showing verification that your health screening has been completed for the day that you wish to visit the campus.
- NON-DREXEL PERSONNEL: All those without a Drexel email account will have to visit the DREXEL HEALTHCHECKER SITE and complete the online form two (2) hours before visiting the campus. While staff will not be allowed to view your personal data, we may ask to see the screen announcement showing verification that your health screening has been completed for the day that you wish to visit the campus.
- BOOK PURCHASES: All text book purchases are final and books may not be returned to the Department of EMS for refund at this time.